You gotta love David. Not only was he a man after God’s heart but the man knew how to praise in the good times and the bad. He raised his hands Up in joyful songs and fell to his knees in abject despair. He sang and wrote about the same feelings you and I experience every day.
No, we won’t ever be a king or a queen but don’t we sing of God’s glory and cry out for Him to hear us? No matter what your current situation may be, David lived his life on this earth. Jesus did too! Jesus lived on this earth experiencing the joyful times, the waiting times, the preparation times, the despairing times, the sorrow-filled times and the restless times.
Jesus lived through every season – just like David – just like us!
I read Psalm 40 and some of the Psalm verses became my prayer.
(1) I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.
(2) He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
(3) Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust.
(4) Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done.
(8) I desire to do your will, O my God.
(11) Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord, may your love and your truth
always protect me.
(13) Be pleased, O Lord, to save me; O Lord come quickly to help me.
(16) But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love
Your salvation always say, the Lord be exalted!
(17) You are my help and deliverer; O my God, do not delay.
In Jesus Name; we pray.