Can you hear the noise? No? It sounds like pound, bang, pound, whirl, whirl, whirl and screech, screech, and screech.
We’ve been hearing those noises since 4th of July weekend and it looks like we will continue to hear them until after Labor Day weekend.
Remember, when you went back to school after summer vacation? The teacher asks the students to write “My summer vacation experience.”
Hubby and I build a fence, not any fence, but a fence spanning over 120 feet (that’s just the back of the yard). If we build this fence around our previous home, we could havew built the fence around our yard one and a half times.
Here are a couple of pictures:
This is what I learned about fence building:
- I am getting too old to dig holes, shape holes and build fences.
- I feel sore, tired and achy but I also feel in better shape.
- Digging holes and building in the hot summer heat MUST be done in small amounts of time; 2-3 hours at the most.
- I can’t imagine how my hubby feels because he does all the muscle work.
- I am a great holder and go-for-er.
- When someone has a plan – my opinion is not always needed.
This is what I learned in my spiritual growth:
- I am getting to old to keep digging holes and building fences trying to save myself.
- When I dig into the Word – sometimes – I feel tired and achy but I am in better spiritual health
- Trying to dig myself out of the holes I dug during Stressful Times must be spent digging into the Word for the perfect way out!
- My husband is my Partner. He has more muscle than me but when we work together we can achieve even more.
- I am a great holder and go-for-er – I can hold the Bible and go for the Word.
- God has a Plan for me and my opinion is not needed!
Proverbs 16:3 (NASB) Commit your works to the LORD And your plans will be established
Isaiah 25: 21 (NASB) O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness